If humans become immortal, what happens with 100% inheritance tax?

I don’t think any of this truly matters at the moment. It’s interesting to think about, but it’s a bridge we’ll have to cross when we get there, which is likely to be a very long time (if ever). This just doesn’t have much to do with how we are going to implement meritocracy in the first place. I’d rather focus on that.

3 Likes

One rich person doesn’t use that much natural resources, it’s the philosophy of consumerism that uses all the resources because all the billions of ordinary people believe in consumerism. So we need to end consumerism and the consumerist lifestyle and replace it with something more fulfilling and less environmentally destructive. There will be a spiritual element to this, but not from religion as such.

2 Likes

How do we prevent government from assassinating those that have well over a million dollars in assets in case they do want to wait until they die. basically how do we prevent the millionaires inheritance tax from being corrupted? this also a possibility.

I had a feeling someone was going to bring that up. I don’t think that’s something we need worry about. It would take a collaboration of our leaders (the most meritorious people in society) to pull that off. I don’t think enough of the kind of people it would take to do that would ever rise to power in a meritocracy, however, our democratic governments have murdered countless people for their own benefit. I think the best way to keep anything from becoming corrupted is having a meritocratic government.

2 Likes

I agree both meritorious standards in morality in our politicians and government transparency can help to prevent such a case