About the Texas category

Main hub for organising and implementing Meritocratic Democracy in the State of Texas.

1 Like

Barely saw this category, now lets get this ball rolling.

I am aware there are a few other Meritocrats living in the state of Texas, so lets band together and start with the basics: creating a website, creating a logo, research, writing, and getting our ideas to others, etc.

First we should identify our skills, (mine are in research, writing, and can translate), followed by identifying in what city we reside, in case we are close enough to meet and work together in person.

Finally I’d like to add the following link which includes the requirements to run for several levels of government and form a political party within the state:

http://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_access_requirements_for_political_candidates_in_Texas

1 Like

We should also make videos and upload them to youtube.

We have a logo its the red M inside a red circle

The Star of Meritocracy, the brilliant logo custom designed for TMI, has subtly but very strongly and steadily seen us through to this point. It is layers of symbolism, it is motion, it is progress. It’s tied to Number and to the future.

Please have a look at how Canada has adapted it. I invite you to consider how Texas can make use of this powerful, durable and scalable graphic rather than to confuse and make people think the Texas Meritocracy Party is somehow something altogether not of the Meritocracy International.

It’s advantageous to spread this symbol everywhere possible when promoting Meritocracy, as it is crucial also to make sure not to re-invent the already hammered out basics, such as the Vision, Mission, Goals; Inheritance Tax, Qualified Voting, Social Capitalism, Custom Education; answers to questions found in the FAQs; content in the About section of meritocracyparty dot org; etc.

It’s not that we don’t evolve. But if a party is to form as identifying with TMI, it makes sense first to be fluent in the dna, so to speak, the code in the core of what has gotten us this far—and that content and the work behind it (and evolved graphics) IS what has gotten us here—before tailoring for your specific location, for which you would consider culture, local economics, language, etc.

Far from meaning to discourage you, I very much applaud the call to start a party in Texas. You’re already brave and pioneering for even beginning to organize for this cause, the most important of our time. All the talent and energy you’ll be spending can go towards what hasn’t been invented from the ground up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Aaaaannnd the Canada adaptation of our logo:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Meritocracy-Party-Of-Canada/1461733390749235

Thank you for your feedback Helen, I completely agree. Personally I have read all the Meritocracy Party articles, at least more than once each and still reread them to refresh my memory.

Actually I started a page on Facebook for Texas MP but don’t think it’s ready to be shared. Honestly I’m not sure how it received the likes it currently has; probably the elections two weeks ago. My intention is to sure around our circles when we have other Texans on here, to contribute.

I also took a hack on using the star. I want to juxtapose it with the phrase: The Lone Star state with the MP star. :smiley: Here are my attempts at producing the image but I am by far a graphic designer. Still they can serve someone else as a blueprint. As well as the page I started, that needs to be completed.

https://www.facebook.com/MeritocracyPartyTexas

2 Likes