An idea for a Podcast!

Hi there ladies and other Meritocrats, I am considering starting a meritocracy/enlightenment based Podcast called the “Gnostic Heretic” or something else anonymous yet relevant.

I understand that the Meritocracy International maintains their independence so I will not be directly associating it with them, but I will be actively promoting meritocracy throughout it and maintaining the same quality that I use for articles on meritocracyparty.org and perhaps they will concede to feature some work should it meet their honourable purposes.

I posess studio quality recording and editing equipment. 100% radio quality and a degree in Journalism.

My question is, would anyone be willing to work with me, either as a researcher or editor or whatever they may think would be useful to produce this? There is another guy doing a related podcast based on enlightenment in general, some of you will probably know about it, but I wish this one to focus more on politics and society in general, not making strict boundaries.

If I can get a team together, it would be a great contribution to achieving our goals as a political entity and as individual seekers of enlightenment.

Here is a sort of template, introduction like sequence to give you a flavour of what I want to go for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKvLerX71BQ&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=TheGnosticHeretic(C)

1 Like

Hello there, I would be happy to do research about politics and society and other things as required. I live in Australia, and I think you are elsewhere in Europe so that’s a factor to consider. I think a podcast should have a more internationalist approach anyhow.

I like the idea. I think you should also keep it playful when mentioning ‘Gnostic’ or ‘Heretic’ ideas as people will tune out for more ‘popular’ podcasts. Having a fun, playful and informative political podcast with a serious note that you touch on with each podcast gives depth and variety. People love variety and being entertained. Once they are comfortable, you can open up with philosophy in short bursts to inspire and make them think. I liked a podcast you did on youtube but forgot the name of your channel. You have a refreshing interview manner. I am not very journalistic minded but have a good camera and willing to research anything you can suggest within a reasonable mileage distance from Birmingham, UK.

I have got a damn quirky personality. I am posting an introduction episode later today so watch this space and you can get a good idea of what I am going for!

Unfortunately I live in Northern Ireland, and any audio or video contributions you make, just mail them to me, I would be more than happy to find a reason to put them in.

1 Like

Please watch this to a see a short introductory episode:

2 Likes

Okay, I got feedback from AOI themselves. They like the idea of a podcast but not of this format. Here is what was said:

Hello Niall,

Thank you for your work so far.

However, we’d prefer that if you were to associate yourself with us that you improve upon the quality and focus on your podcasts.

We’d suggest workshops on hosting, Toastmasters, and an investment in equipment and sound editing material.

Further, it’d be best to consult with knowledgeable people in the research field and with scholarly texts concerning gnosticism, in addition to pre-emptively structuring out what you’ll be talking about each episode.

Hope that helps!

Do you mean that I should adopt a more formal style?

Targeting specific topics in more detail which I interpret as being some form of audio essay?

In truth, that was just an experiment, it was suggested to me by a contributor to Meritocracy International that I take a “playful” approach in order to hold viewers who would otherwise move towards mini documentary series such as DNews or Testtube Plus. But if that’s not what you would like then fine. I’m a qualified journalist. I’ve worked with the BBC and others before. Whatever you think should be done, I can do it. Asking in return for your critique and guidance as we develop further.

I recognise your request for someone to host and be the toastmaster but that’s a question of resources. I live in Northern Ireland, I’m a one man show around here unfortunately. So the option of having multiple speakers is not possible. The closest guy with enough experience is in Manchester, and my researcher who will be creating the content for the next episode is in the USA.

What exactly was wrong with the quality? I record using a Zoom H4N as well as Shule HD microphones. I edit using Adobe Audition 2015, and I convert it to a video with Premiere Pro 2015. Identify the problem and I will fix it. The more feedback I get, the better I can develop it.

I appreciate you taking the time to review the podcast.

“Targeting specific topics in more detail which I interpret as being some form of audio essay?”

Yes, that helps to organize your videos for future listeners.

1. “In truth, that was just an experiment, it was suggested to me by Meritocracy International that I take a “playful” approach in order to hold viewers who would otherwise move towards mini documentary series such as DNews or Testtube Plus.”

It’s better, then, to shorten the podcasts to more manageable pieces of only a few minutes if you’re after shorter attention spans. Over-reaching in two directions (popular and sophisticated) is often difficult to pull off in your format, so it’s better to have a focus on one and the other, but not both at the same time.

1. "I recognise your request for someone to host and be the toastmaster but that’s a question of resources. "

Consult other podcasts for format to see more of how they do it. It’s easy to set up link up with people across the world via the internet today.

1. “What exactly was wrong with the quality?”

Your voice is choppy and the sound is rather rough. There aren’t enough filters in use to correct that.

Further, Toastmasters or other speaking seminars are suggested because of the nature of your tone, approach, rhetorical style, and direction. Your tone and approach are inconsistent and change often, and often at the incorrect times. There’s a rhythm to rhetoric that public speaking seminars can help you to perfect.

Hello, its me again. Sorry for continually popping up but I have reacted to the feedback and decided to do a simple series of mini-speeches, which I am calling WiseBites based off of the basics of Illuminism and other relevant academic topics of one sort or another. Through it I wish to develop my speaking and style to go on to more ambitious projects.

Please, tell me what you think of this one and feel free to critique me. I only wish to improve.

1 Like

From the AOI:

Good work and a good start.

We like your spirit and enthusiasm, but this is still not enough.

We’re over and done with grassroots organizing, and we’re tuning up to a more professional audience. If a good world is absent of idiots, what makes you think they’ll help you make that world? You have to go about this more professionally and take your time. Ask yourself what your presentation would look like if it were a TED Talk or a radio show, and then work up to that once you have the idea in mind.

If you need help, seek out an sound engineer. Find people to team up with and work as a team. Even great podcasts aren’t one-man acts. To manage that complexity, take night classes in project management and public speaking.

Don’t rush yourself, as you’ll only detract from overall quality. We want people to add to our work, and there are many dimensions to that, but it’s always easy to subtract from it. Just look at the many poor quality acts claiming to represent us. It’s like reflecting nice paintings in funhouse mirrors rather than accurate ones. You’re far above them, but you should take the time to do better.

From me:

Understood. The following quality is the vision that’s in my mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTDGdKaMDhQ

I understand how to use Flash Professional and other animating software, the problem is, what you input is what you get out and I have the artistic talent of a paperweight. So, I am advertising for volunteer animators. This guarantees quality if they are indeed as good as they claim, and it does not require that person to live within driving distance of my house. Hiring out freelancers is out of the question considering I’m a recent graduate who sells photography for a living and hence I can barely afford soup.

However, I am not keeping the possibility of, if I somehow get a talented artistic hand on board, to create a sort of set design. My volunteer media company Experimental Home Media can provide the lighting and the cinema quality recording equipment.

…I just thought I’d throw all that out there in case any relevant parties might be keeping up with its development.

Great idea
We have already begun with meritocracy.
Here are practical examples of how meritocracy works in practice during the transformation destroyed the company.
Thank you for your understanding and best regards.

http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Frestruktura.org%2Fo-asocijaciji%2F&h=XAQFxCxSJ&s=1