Basic Income and Meritocracy

I didn’t catch anything about basic income so I opened a new topic. What is the MPs relationship to basic income and why?

Is it possible for everyone to access home, food, healthcare and education without basic income? What kind of basic income should be used if it is necessary?

If basic income is against meritocratic priciples as unearned money then how is the equality considering the necessities of life provided?

Any ideas or discussion about this in some older topic?

3 Likes

I wonder how many of these questions come down to transitional and evolutionary policies that change as society starts to reflect a more Meritocratic model. So, perhaps in a fully formed Meritocratic society, little would be needed in the form of basic income. As a transitional measure, perhaps basic income etc would/should be provided, and as a safety net, should be maintained. I suppose these questions need to consider many wider issues though. How do all the variables function with each other, and what results do they produce?

1 Like

I think it’s essential in our current societies to guarantee a minimum standard of living, which is where a basic income could perfectly well come into play.