Bling King Tactics

Sure SN - the software I use is called Serif PagePlus 6. It’s probably been updated eons ago, but it serves my purposes well & is dead easy to use. It’s also about half the price of Photoshop :wink:

Serif Site

Serif Free Starter Edition

ps - wait til their “final, final, final offer!” before you buy anything - the price always drops eventually…

1 Like

And yes, movement meaning ‘the movement’ directly on this site. Seeing as not too many people are getting involved in forming parties at the moment, then the rest must be considered as part of a movement.

I would assume all of us are part of the movement & a minority of members are involved in forming/planning/running parties. Hopefully that number will rise & ‘the movement’ overall will get more pro-active in future…

[ when they’re not too busy discussing ‘human immortality’ lol ]

I see your point. I suppose that there are at least three possible routes to take:

1. The system collapses and Meritocracy vies with other elements to rebuild a new world.

2. Application of Meritocratic Democracy through the traditional channels of Democracy.

3. The establishment of a Meritocratic system/community/society which invites new citizens to join, and would be in a position to respond to both 1 and 2.

Despite it’s difficulties, because it addresses all possible scenarios, I would actually suggest that scenario 3 is the most reasonable. It also proves itself through Merit. Technically, if Meritocracy cannot prove itself viable in a practical sense, then it has no merit. And if it wishes to prove that it has merit, then shouldn’t it do so through action? Also, isn’t Meritocracy actually a separate system altogether? Just my thoughts.

I also agree that discussing immortality is a waste of time. Whether immortal or not, it’s the ideas being fought for that matter, and certainly they are not physical, and thereby have the potential to be immortal.

2 Likes

For those who have zero budget a great alternative to Photoshop is called “GIMP”, it’s 100% free and open-source and runs on Win/Mac/Linux.

2 Likes

ps - Howz this for a ‘Bling King’ tactic?

Join the Facebook Group!

Could be a tad too cryptic, people tend to grab hold of ideas that are easy to understand, we need to use tactics that commonly work in marketing like what MacDonalds and Nike do - “Just do it”, messages that are easy to recognize

1 Like

Hey, you started this ‘Bling King’ trip! lol As it stands the now, there are about a half-dozen meritocracy type groups on FB. 3 or so straight Meritocracy, 2/3 Armageddon & 2/3 illuminati. So another one will do no harm.

I’ve set up a hyper-link on it to our sign-up page here. Those who’ve read BK should recognise it right away & we’ll see how many remember the details. I think LLN was a matter of time anyway, even if it was only a fun ‘tongue-in-cheek’ project, someone had to do it.

Hopefully it will be more than that - a focal point for pulling in the different Meritocracy factions together & leading to some kind of activism. It also has the tag ‘Meritocracy Now!’ in the group title, thus casting the net as wide as possible.

And don’t worry, I’m using the small word bites too.

This is to everyone - I’ll be easing off a bit on my activity for now btw.

Sometimes you just have to throw your hands in the air & say ‘that’s it, I’ve done all I can’ - by example - to get people involved and/or active with their own ideas. ‘You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink!’ is a good old saying that springs to mind.

I have my family + Meritocracy Pàrtaidh na h-Alba to look after, both of which will keep me busy enough. I hope I’ve inspired at least some of you to take some action of your own.

slainte mhor!

2 Likes

No worries, let me know if you need a hand with your other projects

2 Likes