Bling King Tactics

Changing peoples values is one way to get to Meritocracy. The coded “fiction” novel The Bling King shows examples of this.

I have come up with a little trickster tactic:
Bumper stickers for all expensive cars you can find. Next time you see a Porsche or a Mercedes Benz you can show your love for our slave-masters by putting a little bumper sticker on their car. Obviously you put the sticker on quickly and without being seen.

Some suggestions for stickers you could print:
“Born Rich, Sucked in Poor People!”
“Poor People Suck!”
“Goldman Sachs Owns You Bitch!”
“Rich People Are Above The Law”
“Be my Employee Slave!”
"Never Worked A Day In My Life"
etc…

I know its a bit naughty, but the public reaction from other drivers and pedestrians would start to create a hatred towards selfish rich people who dare to show off their wealth and rub it in our faces with their over-priced cars.

1 Like

Bearing in mind we’re not AC, you could tailor that to -

'Equal Opportunity For Every Child!

Did You Pay For This Car Yourself?’

[ Meritocracy Star + website included somewhere on the sticker. ]

I think your ideas are great, though they belong to the ‘movement’ side of things, rather than political parties. I hope somehow, we can accomodate both. I say that due to the discussions that have broken out on AC ideology being taken as gospel ( pardon the pun ) & ‘The Meritocracy International’ which is who we are here, and has developed in its own right. Although inspired from there, we are seperate from AC.

Perhaps we need an agreed 2-pronged attack of our own - [Official] Political Parties & [Underground] Movement?

2 Likes

Thanks. Yes the two are separate, but then again we’re not sure if we can or should achieve Meritocracy via the existing democracy, or to achieve it via another route.

It’s highly likely that this time around their will be no leaders and that the movement has to achieve its goal via Education. Once enough people understand how the system works they will turn around and walk away from it.

2 Likes

Boy am I glad to hear that. The dyadic nature of this change needs some outlet for both.

Thesis: I must be Mr./Mrs charismatic and agreeable.
Antithesis: I must be Mr./Mrs here is the proof so suck it.
Synthesis: I must present to others, and congregate with brothers.

Is there a blog/community for the other side of things?

2 Likes

There isn’t a seperate forum that I’m aware of, this is it. I reckon we can do it all on here, as long it’s clearer which is meant for which. The topic names should do it, though new categories might need to be added, or maybe just one - ‘Political Parties’ - I might flag that up to Roberto if you think it’s a good idea?

The Star and/or Equal Opportunity for Every Child shouldn’t be attached to illegal activities. That just undermines the legitimacy of the Meritocracy International and the political parties getting underway. The Meritocracy International and the Meritocracy Parties present to the public as serious, rational, on the up-and-up.

Vandalism and other illegal tactics are for efforts outside the Meritocracy International, so they shouldn’t give the appearance of having been endorsed by these entities.

1 Like

Yes, this has been a dual track many have been seeing as most useful for the Meritocracy International.

Nonetheless, Ms./Mr. This-is-the-proof-so-suck-it can present this-is-the-proof-so-suck-it to the public with smashing success without demonstrating endorsement from the Meritocracy International.

Yes, point taken there Helen, though we weren’t suggesting doing anything illegal. Subversive stuff can simply be cheeky eg - purely as an example - an Anon sticker I once saw on a bus that says ‘Disobey’ can’t help but raise a smile, even if ppl don’t agree. Not that we’re Anon, but you get the point.

So the ‘Meritocracy Movement’ won’t use ‘the Star & the Statement’ - don’t worry then, we won’t use them. I pointed out that should be for the parties to adopt internationally as well, on a different thread.

2 Likes

When they chopped King Louie’s head off during the French Revolution was that “vandalism” in your book?

If King Louie XVI instead received a “fair” trial he could have easily bribed the judge and jury and probably be released a free man. So the leaders of the revolution thought long and hard about this dilemma because they did not want to execute him but they found they had no other choice.

King Louie’s crimes against humanity, the starving of his own people and brutal treatment of his people were more than enough to justify such an act.

It’s all nice and good taking the moral high ground but first you have to understand what morality is and what morality is not. “Treat others the same way you would like to be treated” is the universal moral rule underlying all religions. Now applying that - if I was ever to become a tyrant that starved and tortured his citizens then I would want someone to chop off my head, I would welcome it and I would deserve it, therefore the universal morality principle would work on me and so I am not displaying any hypocrisy or double-standard here.

Another thing is, if only a few rich elites decide what the laws are, why would you agree with what they have decided to be “legal” and “illegal”? Surely everything done during most Revolutions was illegal. Here in Australia they’ve even made it illegal to protest, you need to register for a protest permit now, and if you don’t get the permit and you do protest then you can be arrested. Ok so that’s illegal now, we won’t protest, i guess we should just dig a little hole to hide our heads in.

How about this design for our own cars, not other people’s?

You can buy one here for £3.45 - Meritocracy Pàrtaidh na h-Alba will get a 5% royalty if anyone buys one, but I think that’s fair seeing as I put the work in to design it & post it somewhere that people can do that.

Feel free to download the image though & have them produced somewhere else if you prefer.

2 Likes

Cool i like it, I think it would be funny on a Ferrari hehe

1 Like

What about if it comes from the other prong?

‘Too poor to own a car? M for the Movement!’

1 Like

Good thinking SN. Maybe we need another entirely new emblem for our version of the movement? AC & Rebooted are using the Omega symbol as well. Just an idea, though I think it doesn’t matter too much, as long as we don’t use the official Star for the subversive stuff. Adding something extra to Omega could be good, as keeps it connected to the wider movement outside of here, but we could put our own stamp on it…

[ Just thinking out loud there, ignore if I’m rambling …]

2 Likes

I think it’s probably a good idea to attach some sort of symbol to these sort of slogans that differentiates through a sort of parallel processing, while also creating a synapse. Since the Omega symbol already seems to be in use on both sides of the fence(vaguely here, prominently in the Movement, and AC), I would tend to agree with that symbol being a good choice. It’s useful in the context of the slogan that I suggested because otherwise the larger context and play on words is lost due to a lack of reference. People could think that the slogan was just a cheap shot by the rich person, and may think that they even put the sticker on themselves. That’s not necessarily a bad perspective either. My main point is that the interpretive aspects could be contained by the use of a common symbol with very loose affiliation. And anyways, who’s really to stop anybody from using whatever symbol they choose? It’s only in good conscience that somebody(or nobody) would take these things into consideration. And people who want to slander the reputation can(and probably will) falsely use symbols to discredit movements. Ultimately, MI will have to say whether they were for or against whatever action may or not become allegedly committed in it’s name. Of course if You, Roberto, Helen, or others get caught putting bumper stickers on some poor sob’s Rolls Royce, that’s another story. :wink:

Anyways, (partial) jokes aside, I completely understand and agree with keeping the ‘star’ and ‘equal opportunity for every child’ clean.

2 Likes

How about this? [ Rough Draft ] These are for ‘Movement’ not ‘Parties’ …

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work too well as a logo - as it gets smaller the text disappears, but it might make a good flyer?

This might be better for a logo, though there’s still a problem with fine detail on the watch-face as it gets smaller …

3 Likes

That last one is a really cool design and could certainly be used to make people aware, though it might be best to give ourselves the freedom of not being bound to one particular image. It could be that we encourage all members to make their own renditions, thus leaving it as an ongoing creative project. Personally I wanted to make a few suggestions.

When I was younger around the turn if the millennium I was very active in the anti-war movement forming against Bush’s manufactured wars. I was part of group that disseminated propaganda in a variety of ways, the most interesting of which used subtle mental tricks to gain peoples attention. For example I remember stickers that we putting out to bring awareness to the Prism surveillance program. The stickers were long rectangles we applied to payphone handles which read, “THIS PHONE IS TAPPPED!!” Underneath in small letters was a link to the website, for those who were curious.

Thats just one example of how to draw attention to a subject, I feel like people hand a tendency to ignore most logos and what they consider advertisements. Like with this one you just created; we could put on commuter trains which take people off to their shit job. “Hate your boss?”… “Time for revolution.” And then a small url underneath. Just some ideas to expand on what your doing.

2 Likes

Thanks Eli, that’s positive feedback!

If you have any more specific ideas for slogans let me know. If anyone has a vision for a flyer / sticker / web poster but doesn’t have the software to make it, I’ll help out. My pc gear is basic, but it works well enough to get reasonable results.

As you’ll see above, the car bumper sticker I designed was at Zazzle. There’s a whole host of printing companies who do the same option on making your own custom designs. It takes the cost out of mass producing too much of anything, just put it up there & you can order as many or as little as you like. Anyone could do that.

Considering we have no central funds at present, for the foreseeable future we’ll all have to self-fund things like stickers / badges etc… They don’t cost the earth when you’re ordering small runs, so this side of the movement CAN happen if people starting walking the talk. Thanks for your input & good info, it’s appreciated :wink:

Oh! You were meaning an actual ‘movement’ directly associated with this site! I was thinking it might be more desirable to keep the two separate, but maybe it doesn’t matter. I wonder if at some point official party statements, etc, will have to have some authenticating element present on it. I’m thinking way far down the line.

1 Like

Can I ask what PC gear(in terms of software programs) you are using Sean? I certainly should transition more of my ideas into physical representations.