Class War

Guys there is a political party in the UK called Class War.What do you think will they be attracted by the idea of Meritocracy?Here is their FB page:https://www.facebook.com/classwarparty and their website:http://classwarparty.org.uk/

I’ve had a look round their website. First impressions are they are indeed ‘Anarchists,’ without a doubt. They have guts, I’ll give them that, but do they have a plan or detailed enough future vision of what they’d replace the current system with?

Stating that they’ll double-up state benefits & pensions, abolish public schools and the Monarchy will appeal to some voters, but what then?

Also, they state they’ll be going about their business ‘By the brick & the ballot box.’ Which probably means direct confrontation & violence on the streets.

I’m not passing judgement on whether that’s good or bad. The question is - while they share some similar views, does Meritocracy wish to be associated with this type of action?

My own opinion is that they sound like a bunch of angry hot-heads rebelling against the state ( fair enough, understandable in the current state of austerity ) but their future vision is too vague. I think Meritocracy has a more level-headed & thought out approach. Others here might disagree, I’ve no problem with that.

Lastly, after putting themselves up there as anarchists & enemies of the state, they’ve shown their faces & revealed some of their names. You can be sure British state intell services will be monitoring their website & more. That’s where the Anon movement have been smart about things.

Bear in mind that during the Thatcher era, the UK Tory gov put undercover army personal in police uniforms to smash the miner’s strike. So the above kind of movement needs to be careful. Nowadays it will be riot police squads and all that entails…

Given the wider European picture eg - Spain’s new Gagging Laws & the Irish
Gardia ( Police ) now being used as political pawns & making dawn raids on political activists homes ( anti-austerity movement & anti-water charges activists ) - these are dangerous times that we’re living in for those who stand against the overall power elite. The newly elected Greek gov is one of the few signs of hope across the continent.

What the Gov policy in America would be to such movements I don’t know, but I can’t imagine it would differ much, they might well probably crack down harder.

These are my opinions, based on what I can make of ‘Class War’ so far.

Sean