Gun Laws

What is the Meritocratic party’s stance on gun laws? will it be in favor a something similar to second amendment rights in the U.S.?

What do you think the party’s stance should be and why?

Me personally I would favor the right to own arms be granted to the citizenry IF they can pass certain psychological examinations that can determine more or less their mental health ofcourse exams on gun safety and gun control. I think that in a meritocratic society all citizens should be granted the right to own low caliber weapons but those that can display certain merit of education and responsiblity be given the right to upgrade to higher caliber given citizens an incentitive to progress in their service to the community be it throuh education or civic duty. the reason that I am pro guns is because I have seen the detrimental affect that gun banning laws have on the community. by banning gun ownership rights law abiding citizens are the ones that mostly suffer because usually it will be the criminals who will posses weapons via the black market terrorising the community. also cities in the US that make it harder for citizens that own guns show a large correlation in crime, plolice brutality and ironically death commited by gun violence. Mexico which bans its citizenry from legally owning guns is another example of why banning guns does not work. I think we should have stricter gun laws in the sense that we should create tests that measure a citizens psychological aptitude in owning a weapon and ofcourse along with the criminal background checks to determine whether a person can be trusted with a weapon. I think that all citizens should atleast have the basic right a low caliber weapon (a 9mm for example) so that the uneducated class may not be predisposed to any victimization and by allowing upgrades for educated citizenry creating a priveledge incentitive for taking civic responsibility and controlling or reducing the possibility of high caliber weapons being sold on the black market and falling into the hands of people who are uneducated/unqualified to own weapons or criminals which are more prone to criminal violence than law abiding educated civilians that are active in the community.
by higher caliber Im mean assault rifles, M-16s or AK-47s and such. ofcourse the military will have access to even higher degree of weaponry tanks, missles, bombs etc. In my vision of a meritocracy people will not fear their government but cooperate with it to serve the best interests of the country as a whole.

sorry I forgot to check and correct for any grammatical errors. I hope you can understand my comment if not I can retype it.

“also cities in the US that make it harder for citizens that own guns show a large correlation in crime, plolice brutality and ironically death commited by gun violence.” meant to say:also cities in the US that make it harder for citizens TO own guns show a large correlation in crime, plolice brutality and ironically death commited by gun violence. and the examinations would apply to ownership of low caliber guns as well but the citizenry that progresses in its education and and demonstrates active participation of civic duty or community service be given the right to upgrade. basically promoting the message that the higher your educational acheivements are and the more you contribute the well being of your meritocratic community the more you will trusted and the more rights you will be given by government including the right to vote, the right to serve as a public official and the right to serve you country in active military duty. In doing so reinforcing what I call the hiarchy of merit “you go as far a your acheivements will take you” :slight_smile: