How about a new political party called "Scientists"

How about a new political party called “Scientists”, along side “Democrats” and “Republicans” i think they will pose much more logical arguments and actually solve problems using the scientific method. People would soon realize that these are actual problem solvers as opposed to the ex-lawyer politicians who don’t have any practical skills.

This is the idea for Meritocracy Parties. I think “Meritocrats” sounds stronger than “Scientists” and enables us to maintain a coherent global brand, although I can see the appeal for the latter. Are you planning on starting a political party?

1 Like

I agree that Meritocracy is the goal, but we may be able to get help from similar minded groups across the world such as Scientists. Another suggestion I made on these forums was for a politcal party named “End Political Donations” - as that one could appeal to people who are capable of understanding that main pivot point that political donations = bribes, and its the mechanism by which corporations and inherited wealth oppress the rest of us.

If we tackle this problem from many angles and thereby get the cooperation and involvement of many sub-groups then the battle could be quite easy.

My concern for going straight from A to B, straight to Meritocracy, is that its a rather hard concept to grasp, it’s not blatantly obvious like a party called “Scientists” or “End Political Donations”. So what i’m talking about here is marketability.

I think we need to build a strong, cohesive front that can, indeed as you mentioned - unite different groups under its banner. To me and others that’s the Meritocracy Party - which has a lot of marketing potential in itself, such as having no real competition for the term in terms of political parties.

E.g. https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=meritocracy#hl=en&q=meritocracy+party (none of these sites are doing any focused SEO at the moment but we’re dominating the results).

Also, everyone gets the idea of “merit” - everyone agrees with it. They just don’t agree on how merit should be defined, but we’re still very much at the early stage of creating awareness about Meritocracy in general.

That said, if you want to work on creating a political party called Scientists then there’s nothing to stop you.

That is a good point about the SEO on the word “Meritocracy”.

My main concern is that the word and the concept isn’t easy to grasp, I mean in the last month I’ve been able to get more hits (12,404-views) on my new Deviant Art page (http://zeusthunderer.deviantart.com/) than this Meritocracy site has received in it’s lifetime. I haven’t spent even one dollar on marketing either.

So what we need is Mahatma Gandhi like marketing power and we need to figure out how to make Meritocracy popular.