How are we to organize ourselves?

I recognize that Meritocracy has been recognized and accepted by people all over the world but how are we to organize ourselves? are we to create a central political office where Meritocrats from all over the world report to and have a central collection agency that funds different Meritocratic chapters and campaign projects? Is it basically each country for itself? or each state city for itself? we need to start developing a plan for systemic organization if we have not already done so. and if there is one can someone please update me because I have not received the memo.

1 Like

Hi Manuel - I can’t speak for everyone here, but it seems that so far, this forum is the central office, so to speak. Otherwise it does seem to be each country/state for itself just now.

Right now I’m in the middle of official registration of a Scottish political party, Roberto & others have done a lot of work & already registered a seperate UK + Northern Ireland party. These are not movements, groups or chapters, but real political parties under the rules of government where we are. Hope that helps :wink:

Sean

1 Like

As Sean has said, Meritocracy Now! is the organising hub for achieving Meritocratic Democracy around the world and locally. Whether it’s each country or city for itself depends on you, where you live and your initiatives.

You might decide to start a political party to contest city elections. Or a nation-wide one. Or a local group to discuss and promote Meritocracy. Or a meritocratic NGO. Or a meritocratic business. It’s up to you.

You need to be the mover and shaker - and by you I mean anyone reading this.

3 Likes

Im also interested in setting up the USMP (United States Meritocracy Party) and would like any advice that you and Roberto may have in regards to doing this and going about this in the best possible form.

1 Like

Hi Manuel - that’s great news. I’m not entirely sure how the American system works, I do know there’s a difference in that state-by-state you have to gather support of at least 1% of registered voters to make an application to register. You may want to look into that further though, there may be other rules, or it’s a bit higher/lower than 1%.

Bar that, I think the registration process will be very much the same. We needed at least 2 people, preferably 3, to take on the roles of Leader, Treasurer & Nominating Officer. 1 person can do the 1st two roles if you don’t have enough volunteers.

Then you need to submit a party name, emblem & constitution ( take another party you like’s constitution & amend it ) + an agreement of how you’ll submit your accounts. You have to pay a one-off registration fee, then an token annual fee if you’re successful. That’s seperate from the fee for standing in elections. Finally you’ll need a bank account, but in our case that wasn’t a legal requirement straight away.

You’ll need a website too in this day & age.

We can give you help with all of that except the costs at the moment, but we’re looking into ways of creating an international money pool to take some of the financial pain out of it for those who create the parties. That’s not happening overnight though. At the moment, if you were doing it tomorrow, you’d have to fund it yourself, or with other individuals.

If you can stick to using the ‘Meritocracy Star’ as the emblem with the party name added + use the universal statement ‘Equal Opportunity For Every Child’ - that would be great. The aim is to create an international universal front, politically.

I think Helen is going to post something about that soon as guidelines.

Hope that helps. We’re here if you need us.

1 Like