How to Reach the Critical Mass that Ushers in Meritocracy

In light of the fact that Meritocracy is largely unknown to the world, yet has the potential to solve societal problems never solved in the history of mankind and lift the entire human race into an age of limitless achievement, how do we communicate this extraordinary message to our respective Countrymen the World over?

I’d like to share some of my ideas and more importantly hear from others.

Idea #1: Persuasion Through Public Speaking

There’s no getting around human to human interaction, people can be convinced through one on one engagement and public speaking. In my experience using narrative and interjecting emotion with a fair share of logic is a recipe for maintaining audience interest long enough to win their minds. Public events can be marketed with slogans that empower people to be open to new ideas such as, “We all know our Government has failed to solve poverty, corruption, and a broken economy. It’s time for the People’s leaders to come forth to contribute to the solutions. Are you one? If you want to change the world join us on xyz date at xyz location to hear the revolutionary ideas that will end poverty, corruption, and unleash the potential in each of us.” The key being only giving people a tantalizing preview of what the event will entail so that they are convinced to attend.

Idea #2: Bringing Together Meritocracy and Music

There are a plethora of well known popular singers (I’m only aware of American artists, but I’m sure its a global phenomenon) from rock to rap that express a message parallel to the ideals of Meritocracy. For example, Nickelback has a recent song entitled “Edge of a Revolution.” It’s catchy, memorable, and expresses a common ethos that we all crave change from the current paradigm. Nickelback and other related artists have significant public exposure and media coverage. We need public awareness. Why don’t we leverage their success and attention with the ideas of meritocracy, drawing people with the fame of varying artists and exposing large groups of people to speeches inspiring the people with the revolutionary ideas of Meritocracy followed by music that exemplifies our message in musical form. This would include massive organizing, but it could be one of the many lynch pin events the Movement needs to succeed.

Idea #3: Social Media Blitz With End Goal of Viral Videos

Another form of effective communication and potential organizing is through social media. The inevitable question becomes how do we reach millions of people with the inspiring and revolutionary message we have? Youtube videos are priceless and have the potential to go viral. This should be our #1 aim: presenting our ideas in such a fashion that a person exposed to our message feels compelled to spread it through their networks increasing exposure exponentially. One idea that will resonate with the average person in any country is the metaphor of the race of life found on the armageddonconspiracy site. For those haven’t read it here is a short description of the metaphorical race of life.

Imagine life is a 100 meter race, except that people line up at different starting position depending on how how much capital their parents have. The most privileged have the game rigged, they start the race of life 10 meters from the finish line. They win without even trying. Everyone else’s starting position is inferior to that of the super privileged, hence resurrecting a wall of injustice that seperates people from the resources they need to reach their full potential. The people born into the underclass could have the most merit, but need to break every world record to win, hence most people who are born poor die poor. Their gifts and talents never seen. This is the rigged society we live in. This is what Meritocracy seeks to end.

This metaphor put into a short 3-5 minute video showing an actual 100 meter race and the dynamics described would be very effective communicating our central message: that this world is unacceptably injust and you’re crazy to accept those odds when the game itself can be transformed and made fair with everyone starting from the same point (equal opportunity).

Those are three ideas that come to mind. Bring forth your own or feel free to refine and make better the ones I’ve presented.

2 Likes

I have the idea it is very good to go around the country setting up a stage, preparing a combined video/screenmessage presentation of a certain time to interest people in our party. Speakers must be excellent and the message should be clear and probably not too long. There should be many speakers, each to speak several times a year in the local area, say 3 locations. How long it all should be is yet to be looked for in practice. When people start leaving, you know how long it may not take. Of course, at first you could make it far easier, simply rent a place where a couple of 100 people can go and bring the message there.
Music is one of the finest ways to appeal to people.
Cabaret can be great too.
All media should be used, on popular places.