Meritocracy in Nigeria

Hello,

I recently started a page on FB (www.facebook.com/MeritocracyNigeria) in my country even though I have been sharing talking and preaching it on my wall and on my blog (www.miaNigeria.blogspot.com).

My country is heavily in the dark in regards meritocracy and currently still young with democracy which they see as a saving grace compared to the dictatorship that lasted decades. The surest way to a positive effective solution apart from writing as I see it, is to enter politics myself. However, to penetrate deep I need to have allies in the current system who I can influence to some extent with a support group so in the long run I will be seen as a credible person to be supported by them already in power. I have quite a few enlightened people but the only meritocrat I know of is just myself for now (the rest am still working on).

Anyone with articles that hails from a similar background or country as mine can please reach me on [email protected] otherwise I may have to re-edit some articles to suit my country - Nigeria.

Thanks all and I welcome your comments or emails!

Paul.

3 Likes

Hi Paul,

I’m glad to hear you’re keen on delivering Equal Opportunities in Nigeria!

My recommendation to start off would be to brainstorm on small but significant actions you can take that improve the livelihood of people in your city and to find out what’s already going on.

At the same time, it’s important to be aware of the different social organisations, government programmes and other initiatives that have a positive effect, e.g. food banks.

I think finding a way to contribute locally that you can scale up and which brings attention to Meritocratic Democracy is a key way to build up support for bigger [political] endeavours.

What do you think?

1 Like

Hello Roberto,

Thanks for your kind words & I apologize for responding so late. I am currently looking at a few things with some friends. Good to hear from you. Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul - i’m following your facebook page - www.facebook.com/MeritocracyNigeria - i gave it a like.

Mine’s is -
https://www.facebook.com/meritocracypartyalba/

We’re in Scotland :wink:

Glad to meet you!

1 Like

Hi Sean Mac,

Thank you so much I am truly honoured! I have also followed you (weeks back) as your progress is mine also. I have a very busy schedule but I will cope just fine. I love Scotland by the way which has an amazing history. Someday I hope to see it for myself.

So glad we are in the race and on the same team!

1 Like