Official Launch of MP in Japan

Dear all precious meritocrats, or seeds of the future!

As of May 2016, There are only one meritocrat in Japan. Members of Meritocracy Party [Japan], as far as I know, are only me. I want to ask you all: Is it strategically beneficial to “officially” launch MP in Japan now? Or, is it a bit too early to do? Should I collect a few core members before I/we “officially” found/establish it? What do you think? All of your ideas and thoughts are warmly appreciated. Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts. Private Messages are also welcome. You can use Meritocracy Now(MN) messaging service to communicate with me. Skype is also a choice, a good choice for a communication channel. I will patiently wait for your input. Thank you. Vielen Dank!

3 Likes

Hi @Rintaroh, I think the best way to start would be with publishing articles and news items that express the Meritocratic ethos as well as what we want to achieve.

For example, if you had to write 1 document to help promote Meritocratic Democracy in Japan, what would it be?

2 Likes

Hello @Roberto
Thank you for your input. That’s a good idea. I thought of having English articles at mp.org be translated into Japanese and publish them on my blog. What do you think? Again, I appreciate your thoughts. :laughing:

2 Likes

I think that can work although writing a presentation from scratch in Japanese would also be useful, especially if you can tap into popular cultural references that none of us are familiar with. For example, the other day I learned of Kumamon who is a huge deal in Japan.

2 Likes

Perhaps you could work out some fliers and brochures, use some to engage people and make direct contact. You could also indirectly engage them by leaving said fliers and brochures in conspicuous public places such as libraries, posts offices, and stores.

2 Likes

Either way you would be planting a seed in the minds of others.

2 Likes

I wrote this short article recently in English & translated with Google into a few languages, including Japanese. The translation is probably poor, but feel free to adapt it / edit it / use some of it / or use all of it, as you see fit. I’ll include the original English version beneath, for reference :

Atarashī jidai no atarashī seiji:

Meritocracy pātī no menbā wa anata ga mitsuketa tsūjō no shurui no seijikade wa arimasen. Watashitachi wa anata to onajiyōni futsū no nichijō no hito de kōsei sa rete imasu. Seiji no atarashī jidai o motarasu, arayuru jinsei no hitobito kara kōsei sa reta shin no hitobito no tō. Freethinkers to bokkusu no soto de kangaeruhito wa dai kangeidesu. Shakai no shūhen ni sumu hitobito mo kangei shimasu. Korera no hitobito no nakaniha, sekai ga subete no hito no tame ni byōdō to iu meimoku de jikkō sa rete inai koto o zettai ni shitte iru hijō ni kojin-tekina hito mo imasuga, 1-pāsento no gurōbarupawāerīto to sono nakama ni ōini fukinkōdesu. Meritocracy wa subete no reberu de monogoto o tadashiku oku koto o mezashite imasu. Watashitachiha mata genjitsu-tekideari, sugu ni mina no tame no byōdōna kyōgi-ba o tsukuridasu koto ga dekinai koto o jikkan shimasu. Kore wa 100 mētorusupurintode wa naku, marasondesu…

Itsutsu no dokusatsu sa reta hashira:

Shikashi,kyū sekai chitsujo' o shihai suru nepotizumu, kuronizumu, sabetsu, fubyōdō, tomi o ubawa reta itsutsu no hashira wa, zen'in gakikai kintō’ o sōshutsu suru made, hitotsu zutsu taikei-teki ni kaitai sa rerubekidesu. Tashika ni, watashitachi no yōna dantai no okage de, korera no hashira wa taishū no me ni wa mienaku nari, zen’in ga shitte iru made Meritocracy mūbumento ga kyōchō shi tsudzukemasu. Karera ga kuzureochiru made, sorera no hashira ni kakete iku tsumoridesu. Anata ga tedasuke o shinakereba naranai koto wa, anata ga sukina dake ōkiku, aruiwa chīsaku suru kotodesu.

Daremoga jibun no yakuwariwohatasu
koto ga dekimasu:

Osoraku anata wa watashitachi no mīmu no shashin no ikutsu ka o u~ebu-jō de kyōyū suru koto ga dekimasu ka? Matawa, watashitachi no u~ebusaito o yonde, ikutsu ka no kiji o kyōyū shimasu ka? Matawa, kono-pon o yonde mōhitori no hito ni watashimasu ka? Sore wa subete yakunitachi, soreha subete jūyōdesu.

[Kanji]

新しい時代の新しい政治:

Meritocracy Partyのメンバーはあなたが見つけた通常の種類の政治家ではありません。私たちはあなたと同じように普通の日常の人で構成されています。政治の新しい時代をもたらす、あらゆる人生の人々から構成された真の人々の党。

Freethinkersとボックスの外で考える人は大歓迎です。社会の周辺に住む人々も歓迎します。これらの人々の中には、世界がすべての人のために平等という名目で実行されていないことを絶対に知っている非常に個人的な人もいますが、1%のグローバルパワーエリートとその仲間に大いに不均衡です。

Meritocracyはすべてのレベルで物事を正しく置くことを目指しています。私たちはまた現実的であり、すぐに皆のための平等な競技場を作り出すことができないことを実感します。これは100メートルスプリントではなく、マラソンです…

5つの毒殺された柱:

しかし、「旧世界秩序」を支配するネポティズム、クロニズム、差別、不平等、富を奪われた5つの柱は、全員が「機会均等」を創出するまで、ひとつずつ体系的に解体されるべきです。

確かに、私たちのような団体のおかげで、これらの柱は大衆の目には見えなくなり、全員が知っているまでMeritocracy Movementが強調し続けます。

彼らが崩れ落ちるまで、それらの柱に欠けていくつもりです。あなたが手助けをしなければならないことは、あなたが好きなだけ大きく、あるいは小さくすることです。

誰もが自分の役割を果たすことができます:

おそらくあなたは私たちのmemeの写真のいくつかをウェブ上で共有することができますか?または、私たちのウェブサイトを読んで、いくつかの記事を共有しますか?または、この本を読んでもう一人の人に渡しますか?それはすべて役に立ち、それはすべて重要です。

[English Version]:

A New Politics For A New Age :

The Meritocracy Party members are not the usual kind of politicians that you find, we’re made up of ordinary everyday people, just like you. A true people’s party, made up of individuals from all walks of life, bringing in a new age of politics.

Freethinkers and those who think outside the box are welcome. We also welcome those who live on the fringes of society. Some of these people are the very individuals who absolutely know the world is not being run in the name of equality for all, but is massively imbalanced in favour of the 1% global power elite and their cronies.

Meritocracy aims to put things right at every level. We are also realistic and realize won’t be able to create a level playing field for everyone right away. This is a marathon, not a 100m sprint …

Five Poisoned Pillars;

However, the 5 poisoned pillars of nepotism, cronyism, discrimination, inequality and inherited wealth that prop up the “Old World Order” should be systematically dismantled one by one, until we create “Equal Opportunity” for all.

Indeed, these pillars are no longer invisible to a larger percentage of the public thanks to groups like us and the Meritocracy Movement will keep highlighting them, until they’re known to everyone.

We intend to keep chipping away at those pillars until they come crumbling down. All you have to do to help is get involved, to as large or as small an extent as you like.

Everyone Can Play Their Part:

Perhaps you could share some of our meme pictures on the web? Or read our websites and share some articles? It all helps and it all matters.

Seán Gearárd McCloskey

[End]

3 Likes

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. Gaining a quality friend is the requisite. So, I post articles promoting meritocracy’s ethos and benefit, then someone in Japan would find my article and try to contact me. That’s what I hope for now. Let’s see. Again, thanks for your thoughts and advice!

2 Likes