Proposal for Bi monthly / Monthly Meritocracy News Letter

I propose that we produce a regular, and predictable Meritocracy themed newsletter which will contain news, opinions and reviews of anything relating to Meritocracy. This will allow us to have a regular information production keeping the public up to date.

The newsletter should be presented in an easily spread format such as a PDF.

The design should be eye catching and the content of a high quality.

I have a proposed template here:

Merit Newsletter.pdf (347.9 KB)

I will be the writer and I have a very keen and capable researcher and editor waiting in the wings.

Please view the template and give feedback ideas.

If this is to work, members must share this contact on their social networks and make all due effort to spread it.

Each issue will refer to Meritocracy International and will offer opportunities to join and get involved.

This will be effective in targeting people in you know personally. It can also be easily adapted for different regions or specific needs.

A swift response would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

I like it! Good layout + design & the ‘Meritocracy Star’ is the icing on the cake. Should grab the attention of anyone who sees it. Great work!

Sean

Looks awesome!

Our Meritocracy Party newsletter list has 282 subscribers on it at the time of writing. We average 37% open rate (industry average for politics is 18%) and a 10% click average (industry average is 1.4%).

We’ve only sent 3 newsletters through it though, the last one being 10 days ago to announce the UK Meritocracy Party. So any work there is more than welcome!

Here’s the list of newsletters sent so far:

I had to start a subscription to send off the February one which is $10 / month. If you can turn this into a regular thing then apart from being useful in reaching out to people regularly it would also justify the on-going cost!

Of course. Although we would not simply be describing the features and events we are doing. We would be writing things that bring the context of Meritocracy as a whole.

We would also be reporting news of anything that we do.

It would be a very multi-dimensional thing.

How often would this system require us to produce material?

My recommendation is to send out at least 1 newsletter a month and working on making it weekly. We can send out unlimited emails, there’s no constraints in the system other than the number of subscribers. On our current plan we can have up to 500, after that, we get upgraded, which is a bit more expensive.

Having to upgrade is a good thing though because it means we’re reaching lots of people!

The service we’re using is MailChimp - have you used it before, Níall? http://mailchimp.com/

I get your point with the mail service.

We will get on making a prototype and let you all see it as soon as possible.

-Niall

1 Like

We have 308 subscribers now.

Good, Smarandra and I are working on it but we have come down with simultaneous bouts of the flu and have been delayed. Be getting done soon.

Good news: MailChimp has applied a 15% discount to our billing after I sent a non-profit discount request!

1 Like

Please have a look at our draft. Please read the content and look at its layout. Provide thoughts and feedback on both. Thanks.

Merit Newsletter Issue 1.pdf (553.7 KB) A PDF newsletter is best used as a ‘zoom and move’ affair. They are very popular on mobile devices.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the content, great work!

Although I don’t think a PDF is the way to go because it’s clunky and will result in less people reading the content as they’ll have to download it. Best practice is to use HTML (with plain text as backup) and with MailChimp we can make a responsive template, so that mobile devices can read it without having to pan around.

With what you’ve written, I think the best strategy would be for you to have them up as articles on MeritocracyParty.org - this would reach a much wider audience, especially over time. We can then use the newsletter to highlight articles from the site and get people to click through to it.

For example:

Do you hear the people sing? Singing a song of angry men? It is the music of a people, Who will not be slaves again!

Do you ever feel like things seem immune to change? When you are going through the motions of everyday life, it is easy to feel bogged down in the banality. In fact, our lives can seem so
overwhelmingly normal … [click here to continue reading!][1]

###On Telekinesis!

Whenever we hear the word ‘telekinesis’ we imagine floating objects and paranormal activity. But society has achieved now achieved a kind of telekinesis and … [click here to read the full article!][1]

A Heroic Young Girl!

You might take everything you have for granted. The place you were born in; your religion being the only true one and your political views being correct. You having the right to your own opinion. You feel entitled to your rights. But Malala didn’t have any rights … [click here to read the full article!][1]

Have you been COP BLOCKED?

The following is not covered by the mainstream media. If you are able … [click here to keep reading!][1]
[1]: http://meritocracyparty.org/

I alternated the “click here to keep reading” text to have different examples.

What do you think about publishing 1 of the article’s this week and then working out a schedule for the rest? (Ideally we should have regular content planned, e.g. spread out over a couple of weeks if necessary unless you’re planning on writing more! Or if we have more writers on board!).

Sure, we can do that. We would have to change our routines very slightly and make it 500 world+ with a picture each time but we can do that.

Tell how many and when you need them.

I set you up on MP.org, you’ll see that I messaged you on Podio.

Looks nice, thanks for starting this! One correction: Equal Opportunity for Every Chid, instead of plural Opportunities, is our slogan/motto. :slight_smile:

Superb work Niall!