Realistic expectations

Ultimately, how long do you think it will take us as a party to rise to power?

We have to think financially, simply having supporters aren’t really enough to be voted in, looking for way of making money for the meritocracy party is a good idea, then we can actually spend money on advertising the party, ultimately it leads to us continuing to grow awareness, we do have to spend money in the future, being cheap won’t work, it’s an investment.

Compared to other parties, how much money do you think we’ll need to compete with them? UKIP for example was founded in 1993, so that’s 22 years altogether, labour was founded 1900, conservative 1834.

And what about their financial positions?

And at what point do you think we’ll be televised by the media? We aren’t working in any of their interests so it’s likely even when get big we won’t really be shown as an option. I’ve never voted in a booth, at what point would we be on the list? Ultimately and unfortunately I only see a violent revolution kicking off, we do have the option to get the military and police to surrender, but it’s not happening any time soon.

Realistically, few people are actually going to put any serious time into the meritocracy party until we’re financially stable enough to pay them and make a return on our investments, we have donations etc. Then things really get done. I recommend that we are to look for disillusioned university students that are willing to work as an apprentice or for little pay.

It’s always worth it to monitor our progress, compare this progress and make predictions of how long it’ll take us to get into power, setting goals for ourselves as a party, have someone that manages our progress, all the paperwork etc.

2 Likes

With regards to the UK [ it’s different elsewhere ] - we’ll be ‘on the list’ when 1 of the parties can raise the £500 deposit to put up 1 candidate to stand in election. I think that will be the first major milestone for any of the parties.

The point reached when you get televised by the media is when you’re a credible enough threat to the system as it stands. eg - look at the rise of UKIP. No doubt they had to pay for advertising to begin with, now they get free coverage.

Re: finances - it’s not always about money, miracles can happen. The Swedish Pirate Party rose from nowhere with a chance comment in a chat-room or something & had a budget of only £50k or so, compared with the other Swedish parties, who were spending up to £6 million on an election campaign. The Pirate Party won, because they had the strongest grass-roots movement who were all working for free!

[ I put up a post in resources a few weeks back, about how much UK parties received in donations ]

So, there is hope!