Removal Of Trident From The River Clyde

All Scots who voted YES ( 45% ) in the independence referendum, want to see the removal of Trident Nuclear Warheads from their base at Faslane on the River Clyde & indeed, complete removal of them from Scottish waters and Scottish land.

There’s even some from the numbers who voted NO ( 55% ) who agree with that, though what the percentage of them is remains unknown. It could be argued that the combined numbers might be more than 50% of Scots citizens who wish to see the removal of Trident from our shores.

I say from our shores, as the weapons are carried on submarines that patrol UK and international waters, allegedly on a 24/7, 365 days a year policy. The warheads/missile replacement parts etc…are also transported over land and through the city of Glasgow, photographic evidence of which is out there on the net.

As Scotland is automatically a member of NATO with UK membership, then the majority of people living here feel they’ve been dragged into a policy which makes us sitting targets of thermo-nuclear war, should it ever happen. Not forgetting also, the chance of accidents occurring during transportation or at the Faslane base.

The UK government at Westminster insists there’s no other suitable storage place in Britain, due to the River Clyde’s location, water depths & the local terrain that keeps the base ‘hidden.’ The last part there is hilarious, as the whole world knows about Faslane & it’s location.

If the Meritocracy Páirtí na h-Alban ( Scottish Meritocracy Party ) gets approval from the Electoral Commission, we’ll be persueing a policy to rid Scotland of all nuclear weapons!

I don’t see anyone attacking Ireland, which has no nuclear weapons, so the deterrent arguement doesn’t wash. As Scotland is tied to NATO through the UK, then until if or when Scotland leaves the UK, those opposed to nuclear weapons in the rUK ( rest of the UK ) should perhaps also think of why Britain needs NATO membership at nuclear level, or at all.

Countries can have ‘lesser memberships’ without storing nuclear weapons on their soil eg - Norway is an example, as far as I know.

Therefore, this issue effects all citizens of the UK, as it stands at present. I hope the Meritocracy movement across the UK can show as much of a united front as possible in opposition to Trident.

£14billion is to be spent on upgrading the submarines that carry the warheads by 2024 or so. Think how that amount could be better spent elsewhere eg hospitals, schools, community centre’s etc…

As you’ll see from the link a recent motion by the SNP ( Scottish National Party ) to stop Trident renewal was beaten by 364 votes for keeping it, and just 37 votes for removal. Shame on the UK Labour Party who abstained from voting, bar 19 who had the guts to defy their own leaders.

Trident Renewal Vote at Westminster

It makes grim reading indeed! It seems the majority of MP’s at the House Of Commons love being America/NATO’s poodle & making the whole of the UK a sitting target in the process.

Hope we can all agree across the UK that we are against the waste of £14billion of tax-payers money that Trident renewal represents!

As and when you pursue our main policies, of which this is merely a circumstance. Your Tridents shall remain primed and ready to launch until the values that keep them there have ultimately changed.

All current political parties whether they call themselves left or right wing are involved with the old values. Mutually assured destruction is but a relic of the hey day of these values.

Stay focused.

How dare you suggest that NiallAC. If I didn’t believe in Meritocracy, I
wouldn’t be in it up to my neck! The main policies will be persued, this
is a Scotland thread, so the topic is relevant to mainly Scotland, but
also the wider UK.

I suggest you read the rules of posting on threads, before attacking
fellow meritocrats you know nothing about, not have ever met.

I see you had absolutely zero to offer there in way of positivity or
alternative suggestions, apart from ‘stay focussed.’ How useful…

Sean

On 2015-02-21 04:26, NiallAC wrote:

NiallAC [1]
February 21

As and when you pursue our main policies, of which this is merely a circumstance. Your Tridents shall remain primed and ready to launch until the values that keep them there have ultimately changed.

All current political parties whether they call themselves left or right wing are involved with the old values. Mutually assured destruction is but a relic of the hey day of these values.

Stay focused.

To respond, reply to this email or visit Removal Of Trident From The River Clyde [2] in your browser.

PREVIOUS REPLIES

SeanMac [3]
February 20

All Scots who voted YES ( 45% ) in the independence referendum, want to see the removal of Trident Nuclear Warheads from their base at Faslane on the River Clyde & indeed, complete removal of them from Scottish waters and Scottish land.

There’s even some from the numbers who voted NO ( 55% ) who agree with that, though what the percentage of them is remains unknown. It could be argued that the combined numbers might be more than 50% of Scots citizens who wish to see the removal of Trident from our shores.

I say from our shores, as the weapons are carried on submarines that patrol UK and international waters, allegedly on a 24/7, 365 days a year policy. The warheads/missile replacement parts etc…are also transported over land and through the city of Glasgow, photographic evidence of which is out there on the net.

As Scotland is automatically a member of NATO with UK membership, then the majority of people living here feel they’ve been dragged into a policy which makes us sitting targets of thermo-nuclear war, should it ever happen. Not forgetting also, the chance of accidents occurring during transportation or at the Faslane base.

The UK government at Westminster insists there’s no other suitable storage place in Britain, due to the River Clyde’s location, water depths & the local terrain that keeps the base ‘hidden.’ The last part there is hilarious, as the whole world knows about Faslane & it’s location.

If the Meritocracy Páirtí na h-Alban ( Scottish Meritocracy Party ) gets approval from the Electoral Commission, we’ll be persueing a policy to rid Scotland of all nuclear weapons!

I don’t see anyone attacking Ireland, which has no nuclear weapons, so the deterrent arguement doesn’t wash. As Scotland is tied to NATO through the UK, then until if or when Scotland leaves the UK, those opposed to nuclear weapons in the rUK ( rest of the UK ) should perhaps also think of why Britain needs NATO membership at nuclear level, or at all.

Countries can have ‘lesser memberships’ without storing nuclear weapons on their soil eg - Norway is an example, as far as I know.

Therefore, this issue effects all citizens of the UK, as it stands at present. I hope the Meritocracy movement across the UK can show as much of a united front as possible in opposition to Trident.

£14billion is to be spent on upgrading the submarines that carry the warheads by 2024 or so. Think how that amount could be better spent elsewhere eg hospitals, schools, community centre’s etc…

As you’ll see from the link a recent motion by the SNP ( Scottish National Party ) to stop Trident renewal was beaten by 364 votes for keeping it, and just 37 votes for removal. Shame on the UK Labour Party who abstained from voting, bar 19 who had the guts to defy their own leaders.

Trident Renewal Vote at Westminster [4]

It makes grim reading indeed! It seems the majority of MP’s at the House Of Commons love being America/NATO’s poodle & making the whole of the UK a sitting target in the process.

Hope we can all agree across the UK that we are against the waste of £14billion of tax-payers money that Trident renewal represents!

To respond, reply to this email or visit Removal Of Trident From The River Clyde [2] in your browser.

To unsubscribe from these emails, visit your user preferences [5].

Links:

Your policies entirely reflect that of the Green Party, I am the Party Leader of the UK, and if you are so obsessed with Scotland, join a nationalist party.

Our current objectives are the collection of party members and the promotion of our core values and the general anti-austerity feeling. Getting rid of nukes is not in any way indicative of Meritocracy, you can find many parties with precisely the same agenda.

If you are one for getting offended, you are in the wrong game.

Our focus is on getting rid of power elites who wish for the nukes to be there in the first place. If you fail to see that, then you need to read more on what Meritocracy is about.

Ditch the system which supports nukes and other things. That should be your focus, your Green Party falls down on ignoring the system and going on about nukes and wind farms which are ultimately controlled by that system they ignore.

This is an objective forum for a simple and recognizable goal of overthrowing power elites and at this moment, that is the entire all encompassing point.

NiallAC - with all due respect I think you might need to speak to
Roberto to catch up with where we’re all at. I don’t wish this type of
conversation to descend any further.
We should be working together, not argueing over the issues that are not
core value issues. They are still important and the public i.e. voters,
will want to know where you stand on them. We have to have a few more
aims/policies than ‘Equal Opportunity For Every Child,’ that we can
announce below that heading. Roberto asked that in an earlier post.
Fleshing that out for the voting public is all I’m trying to do.

As far me being in the Green party, that will no longer be the case if
all goes well with the EC. Roberto should have all the details to fill
you in on. We are on the same side, so let’s work together!

Sean

On 2015-02-21 08:48, NiallAC wrote:

NiallAC [2]
February 21

Your policies entirely reflect that of the Green Party, I am the Party Leader of the UK, and if you are so obsessed with Scotland, join a nationalist party.

Our current objectives are the collection of party members and the promotion of our core values and the general anti-austerity feeling. Getting rid of nukes is not in any way indicative of Meritocracy, you can find many parties with precisely the same agenda.

If you are one for getting offended, you are in the wrong game.

Our focus is on getting rid of power elites who wish for the nukes to be there in the first place. If you fail to see that, then you need to read more on what Meritocracy is about.

Ditch the system which supports nukes and other things. That should be your focus, your Green Party falls down on ignoring the system and going on about nukes and wind farms which are ultimately controlled by that system they ignore.

This is an objective forum for a simple and recognizable goal of overthrowing power elites and at this moment, that is the entire all encompassing point.

To respond, reply to this email or visit Removal Of Trident From The River Clyde [3] in your browser.

PREVIOUS REPLIES

SeanMac [4]
February 21

How dare you suggest that NiallAC. If I didn’t believe in Meritocracy, I wouldn’t be in it up to my neck! The main policies will be persued, this is a Scotland thread, so the topic is relevant to mainly Scotland, but also the wider UK.

I suggest you read the rules of posting on threads, before attacking fellow meritocrats you know nothing about, not have ever met.

I see you had absolutely zero to offer there in way of positivity or alternative suggestions, apart from ‘stay focussed.’ How useful…

Sean

On 2015-02-21 04:26, NiallAC wrote:

NiallAC [1] February 21

Stay focused.

TO RESPOND, REPLY TO THIS EMAIL OR VISIT HTTP://COMMUNITY.MERITOCRACYNOW.NET/T/REMOVAL-OF-TRIDENT-FROM-THE-RIVER-CLYDE/411/2 [1] [2] IN YOUR BROWSER.

PREVIOUS REPLIES

SeanMac [3] February 20

Trident Renewal Vote at Westminster [4]

To respond, reply to this email or visit Removal Of Trident From The River Clyde [1] [2] in your browser.

Links:

To respond, reply to this email or visit Removal Of Trident From The River Clyde [3] in your browser.

Links:

Yes, I have heard of this strategy and I disagree with it because if Scotland can get their own independent party then NI and Wales and England will all demand the same and the already existing and paid for by me and a few others UK party will dissolve before it ever gets a chance to contest seats.

I told Roberto that I do not have the resources to start up an NI party on my own. NI will never accept Scotland getting away with it and NI not.To which he responded with a “find some other people or something” response to which I created a news letter for that purpose.

Roberto said nothing about the fate of the UK party if we splinter. There is no plan for that. None at all and I for one am very uncomfortable with that.

Niall - I seek to reassure you on all of this, if I can.

The reason for setting up the Scottish party is that the 45% YES voters from the referendum hate the term ‘UK,’ & these are the voters with a social conscience that meritocracy stands a chance with. The NO voters love things the way they are, so they won’t vote SNP, Green, SSP or any other party that doesn’t represent the power elite.

That’s why I suggested it & when Roberto basically said to go ahead & do it, I put the wheels in motion & the application is live. That’s cost me personally £150 for the registration fee, not to mention the time spent putting the paperwork all together. I even had to put the broken family washing machine on hold to make sure this happened. I expect it won’t be the last time that I commit personal time & money from my own pocket, before we’re getting somewhere. I don’t grudge it, just trying to reassure you I’m totally in.

I can’t see that the UK Party will splinter because of it, though I wish you’d voiced your opinions before I registered. We could have ironed things out by now. If it ever came to it, I would personally help you set up a seperate NI Party if ever needed. Would it at the end of the day be such a bad thing if 4 countries within the UK ended up with their own Meritocracy Party? There’s a long way to go before that ever happens though and I would only hope to work with the UK Party from the Scottish side.

Roberto just made one change to the settings for the UK Party & that was the taking out of the ‘Scotland’ option on standing in elections. The UK then still has England & Wales, a much bigger combined population & number of constituencies to fight in. So as it stands, I’d say that outcome is a good one all round.

I hope we can sort this all out as comrades & brothers on the same team.

slainte,
Sean

ps - I only left NI out of that as it’s a seperate register with the EC. But no less important.

Voters expect Parties to have a stance on issues that are important to them. It doesn’t matter if you expect these “details” to be sorted out when Meritocratic Democracy triumphs. You can have both core policies - your core agenda - while at the same time voicing the action the Party will take to resolve XYZ.

And there’s a lot of XYZ, and none of it is getting resolved overnight even if we had a parliamentary majority. Articulating our solutions, or at the very least, our stance on issues benefits us. It adds value.

It doesn’t “not benefit us”.

NI will already have its own Party because the register is separate. Whether it remains within the “UKMP” or becomes a separate entity for just NI will depend on what’s considered to be the most effective strategy at the time.

UKMP isn’t going to dissolve because of other Parties starting up in the area. It’ll dissolve if we don’t win votes.

Even if in the long-term future it were to dissolve because of ending up with 4 different parties (NI, Scotland, Wales and England) what matters is how effective we are in changing the British Isles as a whole. You can extrapolate that to the world, but in this particular case it’s the British Isles (including Ireland obviously).

The Parties we’re starting up are vessels to achieve change, to achieve Equal Opportunity for Every Child.

Sean sees a Scottish Meritocracy Party ship as the way forward for Meritocracy to be most successful over there. Considering recent events it makes sense. It also makes sense because if Scotland becomes an independent state it’ll have just as a good or better chance of implementing Meritocratic Democracy as it would remaining within the UK.

Maybe that’ll be the case for NI and Wales as well. I don’t know. I don’t think that matters right now because we’re on a deadline to make the most out of this election: even if it just telling people we exist.

Look at it as a group of people trying to change the British Isles together. We have to test, measure and iterate as necessary while remaining focused on action. I’d rather hear what people have been doing this week than arguing over whether Sean can spend his time developing a policy for the MPA.

1 Like

Update for Niall - thinking ahead of approval from the EC, I’ve now resigned from the Scottish Greens party, as of today.

Sean

Aye, you have made that much clearer! I understand.

1 Like

Update - ‘Bairns NOT Bombs’ demo yesterday in George Square, Glasgow - attended by Scotland’s First Minister Nicola Sturgeon -

[ Protest Against Trident - Glasgow, Scotland 4th April, 2015 ]

I agree that it’s very beneficial to have opinions about local political issues because that is what the voters are asking for. If we don’t have any stance in nuclear politics, for example, then all the voters worrying aboiut it potentially vote for the Greens etc. because we don’t say anything about it.

Our great advantage is that we know the root cause for destructive politics, we don’t try to apply bandages while ignoring the stabs by present elite still hitting our society. The Green Party, for example, can be accused for only trying to treat the symptoms instead of fixing the society completely and thus removing the cause of destructive politics.

I’m nowhere near the progress that you guys have there in the Isles with real parties running already so I’m more into writing about the core points of meritocracy. But I will remember this discussion when the party will be established here in Finland.

1 Like

Thanks Klockars! If you ever need help with anything over there, let us know. We’re ‘team international’ :wink:

34 arrested today at a blockade of the Faslane Nuclear base …

Faslane Blockade