Setting up a local political party

Forming a political party in itself won’t put you in any more danger than being an activist. At least TPTB will think they have some control over what parties can do, unlike unpredictable activists.

Also, it depends what you put in your constitution/manifesto when you submit an application to register a party. If you stated that you’re intending to ‘overthrow the system tomorrow’ then your application would probably be rejected outright.

If you set out the basic principles of Meritocracy however, and a few things relevant to your state/country about how you aim to improve things, then you’d probably be successful in forming & registering a Meritocracy party.

I’ve just submitted an application this week for a purely Scottish M party & I’m waiting for it to be passed or not. ( 20-30 agonising days await… ) Roberto has worked hard & already registered the UK Party. ( UKMP ) Even then, we both have to gain members, funds etc… to put candidates up in elections. Over here, you can still register a party & opt out of fighting in elections until you’re ready. So, we’ve basically sown the seeds for future political activity.

The question is - how long will you wait? Maybe because of the fear of being targeted thing, you might want to synchronize registering parties at around about the same time. At the end of the day, it’s all up to each of us individually to take the plunge, or not.

All I can say is I’ve taken the plunge & I’m glad I did. I could have mulled it over for weeks, months, years & it might never have happened. Once I decided to go for it, I also got great support from Roberto & his team throughout the process. It’s not as if you’d be out there on your own, we’re all here to help one another & give support when needed.

My advice is - find out what documents you need to register, learn all about the process & how much it costs. ( The people forming the party will probably have to fund the initial set-up themselves, as I did )

Next, be aware of what you have to do officially to maintain the party each year. ( Submitting quarterly financial records as a minimum )

Then put it all together & just do it!

3 Likes

@freddie_kane I understand where you’re coming from, but we’re never going to have an airtight plan. There’s a quote that says the moment you start to implement a plan is the moment it changes. That doesn’t mean planning is worthless, on the contrary, it gives us a framework and a roadmap, but there are many roads and we’ll only find them as we venture forward. Even if it is bit by bit.

We’re going to be demonised in any case. All political parties are. It’s unavoidable.

I think it’s wrong to assume that the vast majority of people will accept Meritocracy when capitalism collapses without indeed putting in that herculean effort of proving how it’s the best system out there. We have to prove it every day, starting now. We have to build huge support and create organisations that will be the foundations to prepare us for anything. We have to be actively involved in improving our local communities, because actions speak louder than words, it helps spread our message and we actually help people in the process.

“What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence, The only consequence is what we do.”
— John Ruskin

If we don’t have the attention of the capitalist elite, then we’re nobody. We’ll have no power if and when a collapse happens! We have to become players on the world stage. The ideologies you mentioned already are, or were, and they’re active every day.

Below is a video that talks about the Lean Startup and the “Build, Measure and Learn” process which I think applies to us and which we can use to achieve our vision:

“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”
— Sun Tzu

3 Likes