Setting up a local political party

I know the plan is to set up a local political party…

I would like to do this but I have a few questions.

If you are to set up a political party would that put you under threat from the establishment? If they were to see that you were planning on overthrowing the elite, would you be targetted? Because it threatens their interests. I’d be very cautious myself doing this, even though it’s not illegal I can imagine the establishment would try to get you into trouble.

It’s like when Ron Paul was going for Election, they media blocked him out, they rigged the election and done everything they could to stop him from getting into power. He’s one of the politicians that I actually like.

I would prefer to stay out of the eye of the public, for personal safety. My intuition is telling me it’s not a good idea to set something up locally. What’s your opinion on this? it would definitely progress the movement but I’m not willing to do it if my safety is at risk. And plus you would have to be very educated on the subject.

What’s your opinions on this?

1 Like

Hi my name is Manuel Moreno I too am a fellow meritocrat and have been struggling with that same question
Obviously we do need our membership to multiply but I doubt that we have a chance winning votes in mainstream election our party is counter cultural. For sure. In the U.S. conservatives will want nothing to do with us and liberals will find us too radical. Ofcourse since we are an international movement circumstances may differ in other countries. I have proposed on a Meritocracy group site on Face book that we have our members serve the armed forces in each of their countries to gain military experience or recruit members who have it in order to start militant meritocratic chapters abroad. I believe that the best way to get meritocracy established is to invade a country that is ripened for revolution but for this we need more members and massive funding.

I personally don’t mind putting my safety at risk. What is important to me is taking the appropriate actions to establish Democratic Meritocracy

If you are afraid to act you cannot lead. I mean no offense. This is a simple truth. If you wish to see greatness, abandon fear and do what must be done.

I believe this is the only answer you should reference.

1 Like

I’m not really scared about being setting up a political party, but it puts you in a spotlight, I think it’s quite a risky idea.

My reply was with understanding of what troubles you. What reward comes without risk? Would you die for this? I am not expecting you to answer me, but you should know that answer. More men have died for ideas than for any other reason.

“Would I die for this?”

No way…

There’s nothing wrong with that. Its simply an answer you must know. Take risks according to consequence that you are prepared for. However I believe at the onset our worse fear will be only laughter. We won’t be deemed a threat for some time.

1 Like

“Would I die for this?”

Yes, because only by aquiring a zealous idealogical conviction can one truly be prepared and determined in tranforming one’s beliefs into a reality. I would risk death and incarceration because I believe in Meritocracy. (M) FOR THE MOVEMENT!!!

2 Likes

The question is how do we plan on going about this if we choose to set up a political party and run in compaigns we have to conduct ourselves under certain guidelines and restrictions. In the U.S. For example the public must not be aware that we seek to replace the constitution. Something they can easily find out. If we choose to be radical about it it is my belief that we have a better chance of being succesful. for one we do not have to hide our intentions to the public and we do not have to fear about being exposed and the people we do gain to support our Movement will have a clear understanding of what Meritocracy is and what we intend to do.

The risks would be greater ofcourse but we have the chance to gain more by taking bigger risks.

Or we could do both that is a third option.

And do not worry if you lack courage at the moment. courage is a state of mind that can be cultivated the more push yourself outside your comfort zone the more you desensitize yourself in taking risks. I believe that over time as we grow in numbers and as we adquire more funding many of the members will also develop a strong conviction in the Movement. At the time I understand, many of the members (including myself) may have other priorities which they deem more important but as we become more organized and aquire more resources and make more connections to expand and promote our party mindsets will be transformed. The conviction and consenses of our members will be so strong that nothing will be able to stop us. Mark my words :wink:

1 Like

I do not think deceit is the way, otherwise I agree whole-heartedly. I believe it is time for transparency. I believe this is necessary in order to make the people champions of the cause. We are nothing if not educators. If this cause fails, we simply failed the menial task of telling the people of an option they had been deprived of considering. We are facilitators, simple cogs in a wheel. The people must want this, we must explain yo then why they would/do. We are only a spark. We may create fire. When the people begin to take flame this will combust… explode. This is worth dying for because the people need leaders who they believe would die for this.

1 Like

I think we will have to win the election, and win it in such a big and powerfully convincing way that the rest of the country will follow the handing off of the torch. And passing the torch is the gesture we should equate to this revolution, a smooth and consented turnover. The powers that be, have essentially taken America and built a second oligarchic frame around the original structure of what America was to be. Some of America’s identity will have to be kept in tact, as false or coerced as it came to be. We all know that C. Columbus didn’t discover America, and many wars fought ever since have been as an oppressor in foreign lands. However, the spine of it’s founding is fairly sound. It should be the base of our own skeleton and wired to dance a Meritocratic ballet. The parties of our election will need to pick up whatever pieces that may be saved from the wreck in place, that surely will include secrets of the government and suppressed innovations that could liberate the people.

The way that I see this happening, is to create the official voting platform, right now. Personally, I would take all major courses of study as the candidate parties.

A=
Accounting ;Advertising ;African Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics ;African-American Studies ;Agricultural Economics ;Agricultural Journalism ;Agricultural Technology Management ;Agriculture ;Air Traffic Control ;American Literature ;American Studies ;Ancient Studies ;Animal Science;Anthropology ;Aquaculture ;Arabic ;Architectural Engineering ;Architecture ;Art Education ;Art Therapy ;Asian-American Studies ;Astrophysics ;Atmospheric Science ;Aviation
B=
Bakery Science ;Biochemistry ;Biology ;Biomedical Science ;Biotechnology ;Business Administration/Management ; Business Education ;Biblical Studies ;Bioethics ;Biomedical Engineering ;Biopsychology ;Botany/Plant Biology ;Business Communications ;

That’s just 2 letters on Princeton’s website. But if we can pick as many candidates for these categories as possible, contact those nominees and verify their participation, a Meritocratically elected council could take the place of the entire government, each category having it’s elected president and their cabinets would be more than sufficient.

2 Likes

I want to be ready, nation wide, to present an alternative to the voting system in the 2016 presidential election. By having the chosen representatives on a separate ballot, run independent from the voting booths. To get people to turn away from their place in line with their punching card, and step over to our stand, with a simple Kodak picture taken, printed name and voting location, and signed. When the election is over, our booths will hopefully count the overwhelming percentage of national votes for the WHOLE meritocratic concept, replacing the government entirely. By the time the political banners and ads start going up in the yards, we need to have enough people that are willing to sling M material everywhere possible, even covering up the contenders. With a VIABLE option, a wholly designed and complete system ready to present, it will give the advertisements FAAARRR more credibility and influence.

This topic is really appropriate. Setting up a local party is a top priority. Does anyone have any good idea to spread the message and do PR efficiently? So-called Swarm theory kinda would work but I don’t subscribe to the idea. I emphasize on quality of members, not on quantity.

I see a few posts here talking about it being worthwhile to die or be incarcerated for this cause. I disagree. Yes, realising a meritocratic government is the most important thing imaginable in the world. This is certainly true. But at this time we are so small in number that we can’t really afford to be ‘throwing’ away likeminded people by taking risks like putting ourselves in the public eye too early. It’s like launching an attack when you’ve only got a revolver with one round in the chamber. In order to succeed, we have to come forward at the opportune moment - when you’ve got at least six in the chamber, or better yet, when you’ve got an automatic rifle and have a few hundred others alongside you, each similarly equipped.

After all, what good does death or incarceration achieve? Sure it shows that you’re willing to sacrifice everything in order to further your cause, but what’s the point if you’re the only person who knows anything about the cause? We need to spread awareness first. Swell our ranks. Then, and only then, can we think about really getting organized, standing in elections, and so on. Until such time as we have the numbers to form a viable political party our focus should be on remaining loosely knit, without any sort of formal organisation. A debating club, perhaps - something that creates awareness and brings more and more people to start seeing things the way we do.

I for one question the merits of attempting to bring about a meritocratic state via representative democracy. If our platform is that everything in our society’s organisation and management is fucked; then why are we attempting to fix these problems by validating democracy - one of the pillars of our society?

If we really want to get elected in the current system we will have to find funding, find ways to combat the media influence of the big two parties in each of our countries, and so on. It’s not going to work. They’re experts at this game. By trying to get elected democratically, what we are doing is taking the fight to their own backyard. And it should go without saying that doing this puts us at a significant disadvantage. In order to maximise our chances of success, we should look to make them come to us, or at worst, fight them on some sort of neutral ground.

This is not to encourage violence or even suggest it. I think the best way to go about it peacefully is to simply raise awareness and wait. Lots of waiting. Wait for the current system to collapse, while contributing to its downfall as much as is practical and expedient. Then when there is a power vacuum, if we have done our job well enough and raised awareness and support among the ‘critical mass’ of the population, we stand a sporting chance. If we look to the example of the Russian Revolution, the Bolsheviks had to wait until the Tsar was deposed and a whole set of other factors, before they could make their move. You can’t jump from all out plutocracy to meritocracy, in the same way that they could not jump from all out autocracy to Bolshevism; there are stages in between that we must all go through. What we need to do is to hasten the pace of change.

2 Likes

You’re right about needing to spread awareness before starting the party.

But when you said that we aren’t going to get elected, you are probably right also, however even if we don’t get elected, being runner up on the election is going to be more effective than activism ever will, even take for example youtube videos introducing others to the meritocracy party, that wouldn’t be as effective as being an option in election.

Hopefully people will think “Meritocracy Party? What’s that?” and then google it to find out, hopefully it will work.

But I recommend that people are to form into local groups in your area for activism, doing things in public in order to get the people’s awareness, then once we have others interested others will set the party up.

I’ve recommended that people are to post ads on gumtree or craigslist in order to get others who are interested.

1 Like

The problem I see with standing for election (anytime soon) is that we might blow our load early, if you’ll pardon my French. Somewhat akin to the proliferation of solar technology before the technology itself became cheap and reliable - because solar technology blew its load early, it was quickly demonised as something that would never work, pie in the sky stuff, a byword for incompetence and unreliability; and that image has endured to this day even though the technology has clearly addressed it’s weaknesses and is a much better product now.

I think meritocrats worldwide need to be patient, very patient, when it comes to starting an actual party and standing for election. Because if we mess up, then getting democratically elected is going to prove very, very difficult if not impossible in future. What I’m getting at is that we have to have an airtight plan before making a move, a good answer for every question that could possibly be raised, a contingency plan for every eventuality that arises. Is that possible? I’m not sure. I mean, to us, it’s blindingly obvious that meritocracy is airtight and utterly without flaw (at least when compared with every other alternative system); but we have to account for the fact that the majority of the population are conservative idiots who need it spelled out for them in no uncertain terms.

Which is why I feel we’d stand a better chance simply raising awareness and waiting for the collapse of capitalism - which surely cannot be more than one or two bust periods away. Because then we don’t have to go to the herculean effort of ‘proving’ to the blind masses that our system is a lot better than everything else - it will be apparent from the collapse of capitalism that it’s a bit shit and what we’ve got is better. In such an event, the challenge will be to prove meritocracy’s superiority to whatever it is that will be competing with us at that time (presumably, religious fundamentalism, some sort of monarchy, possibly even communism). And at least in the western world, because defenders of capitalism have drummed it into the head of everybody that capitalism is the best and that all these alternatives that I mentioned are horrendous, we should be at an advantage by having escaped the attention of the capitalist elite and thus having escaped their negative propaganda efforts. We all know the justification for capitalist war in the Middle East to be, ostensibly, fighting the bestiality of theocracy and religious governance - these systems, consequently, will never be accepted in the west. We all know how communism has been torn to shreds by decades of capitalist propaganda as well as the failure of communist states, and consequently, communism will also never be accepted by the west. So our only ideological enemy is capitalism itself - and why take the risk of taking on such a powerful leviathan when we strongly suspect it is due to fall on its own sword fairly soon?

2 Likes