Should Another Outlet Be Provided?

I was just thinking. Would another division be helpful to our cause? (Another assuming we’ve been divided from Illuminism but have been deemed helpful in furthering a mutual cause in Meritocracy.) My line of thinking: Here we have our fanatical ideas which are meant to become concrete. We have rules to conduct ourselves by. With another site we can monitor people’s thoughts/ideas without our dictation. (Not that most of us are dictating anything, but it could appear that way.) Most importantly though we would gain the antagonist. This is what we do not have here. Less forum rules = greater allowance for ignorance. Where we fail to guide surely the random impractical post will succeed. That is, as long as our rebuttals are concise, provide educated answers to the comment and show unquestioned superiority over the antagonists own reasoning. If need be, win the popularity contest. As much as it debases the general idea, my dick being bigger than yours remains a competition because it is still validated by society. Sure, it could become a zoo, but as long as we don’t jump in line with the apes we remain the “evolved.” This would also allow nay-sayers to voice somewhat intelligent opinions, shared by many if not the majority. Our answers would be there for all who have the same doubts. From that site we could monitor and welcome those who could contribute better than myself to this site. :slight_smile:

I understand that all answers are available. However, I think something about Lindsey Lohan may be on so we can’t expect much independent study from the mob. However, we are better suited to have the general public be our mob than to belong to the capitalist agenda.

Just a random thought.

You make some good points. As far as all the answers already being available on the web and in books, (the ‘‘answers’’ having to do with why exactly we need meritocracy and what exactly it is), I agree that we should not expect much independent study. We also should not underestimate the difficulty for the average person to accumulate the information needed to come to a personal conviction in support of meritocracy.

I think our strategy when it comes to outlining our system is to keep it simple with the ideals of the general platform as we don’t want to get bogged down with developing a policy or stance for everything. In this early stage, the idea is that we just need to have a clear vision and core policies.

On this point we are working towards developing a more robust informational base in terms of anticipating and responding to common objections to our vision. I think this is important because it could help to disseminate the message as it makes newcomers to the party more confident in the vision. I think a lot of us even aren’t entirely clear on various major things regarding the vision. It will be useful to better fill in the gaps for people.

An advantage to our movement is that the theme of a lot of academic research these days is favorable to meritocratic concepts. There is immense potential for us to string together some solid research that will help convince smart people to jump on board once they find us.

I find it frustrating when newcomers to a subject have their under-informed zeal met the “do your own research” treatment. Recently a lot of posts seem to be trying figure out fundamental issues but we are still a young organization and it seems like we still have much work to do in addressing a lot of these things. Meritocracyparty.org is a good start and I think meritopedia can serve this function well.

Nothing about this site however, should hold us back from having an antagonist or devil’s advocate aspect.

2 Likes