Support For 100% Inheritance Tax Poll Results

I don’t know if anyone has tried to gauge public opinion before, or cinducted any polls so far? My apologies if surveys have already been done. Purely for my own info I conducted 2 on-line polls this week, to find out what percentage of support there was for 100% inheritance tax? Interesting that both sets of results were similar, even though not many people have voted, it’s an indication of how people feel that aren’t involved in Meritocracy. I thought I’d share the results here -

POLL 1 [ on seen.is https://www.seen.is/polls/view/489/is-100-inheritance-tax-sellable-to-the-world-s-popluation
]

Is 100% Inheritance Tax Sellable To The World’s Popluation? [Wed Jan 14th, 2015]

The Meritocracy Party & Movement advocate 100% Inheritance Tax on
everyone at death, all monies returning to the state to fund education, health
services etc… ie: all systems ran by the state. Do you think the world’s
population will buy into the idea? Or is a graded system up to 100% for the
super-rich more palatable?

YES - 100% Inheritance Tax, No
Flexibilty

0 votes (0%)

YES - but It has to be graded up to
100% For The Super-Rich

3 votes (37%)

NO - individuals are just too self-interested & greedy

2 votes (25%)

NO - the Global Elite will destroy this idea by any means possible

1 vote (12%)

I have a better solution which I’ll post in the comments

2 votes (25%)

COMMENTS:

Eric: Would not trust the state with the sums of money involved, It would
be frittered away. Also the confiscation of assets earned during a life time,
wouls be punative, destroy incentive, not to mention spawning a myriad of
avaidance mechanisms.

Wed at 1:31 PM

Eric: Virtually communism in a different guise. A failed system, why would
people accept another round?

Wed at 9:38 PM

Chiteira: In a different world I would support this. But not in our world.
I think ultimately, this would be used to transfer the last remaining scraps of
wealth from the middle and lower classes to the super rich. The super rich
will, no doubt, have some way of excluding their wealth from such a proposal,
while the rest of the population sacrifices everything their families hold.
Then, the government gives it all to private enterprise in a
"privatisation" scheme. It wouldn’t surprise me if the global elite
came up with this idea. less

Wed at 9:50 PM

Chiteira: The time to consider a proposal such as this is after the super
wealthy have been broken down and no longer exist, and people are making the
decisions, not governments.

Wed at 9:54 PM

Robert: I don’t believe the state should get any of the inheritance tax
after all the state is not related to the family member who passed away, and
therefore the state should not be inheritating anything. Furthermore the state
was not in the Will of the passed family member. If the family member has a
will, the will should be honored as his/her last request and give all of his/her
money, real estate, property, ect to whomever he/she wishes without the state
gettting their greedy little paws on any of the money.

Thu at 9:08 AM

Chris: Death taxes are amoral… a person should be able to leave all their
money to their family.

5 hours ago

Poll 2 [Pollmaker]

Question: Is The Idea Of 100% Inheritance Tax To Fund State Services
Sellable To The World’s Population?

[http://www.poll-maker.com/poll216807x4aAF45CD-9?fb_action_ids=1392773217691051&fb_action_types=og.shares]

Results:

YES - 100% Inheritance TAX, No
Compromises 0 0%

YES - But is has to be graded up to 100% for the super-rich, eg millionaires paying 60%, billionaires 80% etc … 4 67%

NO - Iindividuals are just too self-interested & greedy 0 0%

NO - the GLOBAL Elite will kill this idea by any means possible
2 33%

Interesting reading. It does no harm to try & get public opinion on things when you can. From those results, it seems most people support a graded version of Inheritance Tax, up to 100% for the super-rich.

It may have been a very small collection of votes from the general public, but that’s better than nothing to go on. Hope the info is useful. If someone wishes to do a bigger & better survey/poll, by all means go ahead…

Sean

Great work, definitely useful insights. It matches what we’ve seen in the past with comments from people (both online and offline) regarding 100% inheritance tax.

I think it’d be interesting to conduct a similar poll with the Millionaire Estate Tax. Are you able to run as many polls as you want on there?

Thanks Roberto! Yes, indeed you can run any number of polls on either site. You’d need to open an account for seen [ http://seen.is ] it’s a social media site & the other one I used was Pollmaker [ http://poll-maker.com ]

There’s probably better poll sites out there & a bigger audience on Facebook & Twitter to run polls on too. I closed my FB due to the new TOS due on Jan 30th & moved to seen.

I’m still on Twitter if you need any help on there, give me a follow [ http://twitter.com/macjohnny32 ]

You could probably word the question better than me for another poll, mine’s was just a quick litmus test, as you’ll know exactly what you want to find out long-term …

cheers,
Sean

Hm, cheers. We’d definitely need a bigger audience. Running it from our Facebook accounts could end up with a lot of one-sided answers depending on who we’re friends with, e.g. if you’re friends with a lot of meritocrats then you know what the answers are going to be.

Of course the magic does happen when they start to share it and we reach more mainstream crowds.

Narrowing it down to specific regions, for example UK vs Spain could give us unique insights into each place and see whether there are subtle differences (or maybe even major ones). A lot to think about.

1 Like