Entry For Market Saturation: Somebody_Nobody/CatalystCoop Video Collaberation

This is what it’s about right? Doing something to spread the word… I am supposed to sound like I am in a fish bowl as I speak, and Somebody_Nobody created a great track for the background music which fits perfectly!

If it has Merit, pass it along. If it doesn’t. The next one can only get better… LINK HERE

Thanks Somebody_Nobody. :loud_sound:

2 Likes

Great work!

I knew Catalyst’s voice would do the job more than well on a video!

Who wrote the script? It’s outstanding!

I liked the water theme on the visuals too.

The sound isn’t totally perfect, but it has a quality of realness to it & as you say, the ‘fish in a bowl’ theme covers that. So it’s totally fine as it stands now.

Do another one gentlemen! :wink:

The script was written by Catalyst as far as I know. He did everything except the music.

I think if it’s possible to balance the levels between the music and the spoken word, it should “fill it out” a bit more in a way that adds to the themes that you noticed. You can’t really hear it too much right now, but the music also sounds like water. Hopefully they’ll be a ‘remix’ following soon :wink:

1 Like

You did a great job guys! I shared it on FB & will share the remix when it’s ready…

Continuing with our ‘punk rock do-it-yourself’ ethos of ‘just f*cking do it’ lol - here’s my ‘rough demo’ version of ‘The Future Is Now’ -

Meritocracy - The Future Is Now!

Hope you like it…

1 Like

Your video is great Sean! You and catalyst definitely both have great voices for this sort of thing. Very paternal sounding in a comforting sort of reassuring way. It’s very good for the softer public reach side of things. I agree with the punk rock ethos. Start somewhere, make it better as you go.

1 Like

Well all right then… Thanks of course, I would love suggestions relating to specific ideals/topics for future stuff.

Yes the sound was trash, but that is what I had to work with so, blam it’s done. I had the video and my words complete when I sent it to SBNBson to see what he thought. His suggestion was music so, blam it’s done. The synthesis worked.

The edit post button is gone…? so I will have to ad another Link Here which ads some volume to the music track. Maybe it is not translating well from my program to youtube on upload. It was a great mix on this end though.

If you’ll notice the story line of the video alone: it starts in a bowl, then a glimpse of something more, something in-between (waves on beach), then progresses to a vast world of ocean symbolizing freedom, and that freedom is to know about the fish in the seas, the land of the bees, and all the in-betweens.

So SeanMac, I bet SBNbson would appreciate if the new link could be exchanged with the old one on FB. If that is even possible, I don’t know how FB works. Your video was killer man! Great quality, great message! That my friends is what we call a one-two punch… :facepunch:

2 Likes

Thanks for the ‘remixed’ version Catalyst. For better or worse, I’m currently trapped in the audio side of things, and have yet to make the transition into audio/video projects although I think it would certainly be worth my while. Perhaps the disparity in audio perception comes from the sources by which we are listening to them. Personally, it’s not about the music, I only want to try to add something to the video. I’ll keep on playing any old which way :wink:

1 Like

Will share your remix today guys on FB, the 1st one got half-a-dozen ‘likes’ - not bad for less than 24 hours up there. The sound is much clearer on #2. I’ve subscribed to Catalysts’s Youtube channel as well.

ps - here’s a link to my Facebook Meritocracy Party page -

Meritocracy Pàrtaidh na h-Alba on Facebook

You can read most it without actually having to join FB

1 Like